WordPress CMS has become extremely famous nowadays providing every webmaster with special tools for easier websites establishment and maintenance. Started as a blogging system now WordPress implies a powerful platform for fully-functional websites construction. But such swift web development community movement involves more and more new webmasters which are not aware of all its peculiarities. That is why there is still a number of questions about WordPress every newbie would like to find answers to in order to understand its specificity and functionality.
Of course, there are many questions every bedinner may ask about WordPress. But we have picked up 10 most frequently asked questions that are of high interest among webmasters. Let’s observe these questions together with precise and sufficient answers.
1. What is WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management Systems first introduced as a blogging system and now used as a full-blown platform for fast and easy websites creation. It is an open-source CMS providing a number of tools and modules for constructing websites from scratch or with the help of premade WordPress themes.
2. How to install WordPress?
In order to start using WordPress CMS you need to install it first. These are the steps you must follow in order to fulfil WordPress installation:
1. Subscribe to web hosting provider which supports PHP and MySQL database. After it you need to request Database user and MySQL Database creation on the server, then provide a password for it.
2. Download the latest WordPress version from WordPress.org.
3. Unzip the WordPress archive and upload the entire WordPress folder to the server with the help of FTP manager. After it go to your website and create a configuration file.
4. You will need to enter your database connection details, particularly username and password. After it you can run the install.
5. You need to enter your blog title, email and proceed to WordPress installation.
Now WordPress is installed and you will get a generated password to log in.
3. How to use WordPress?
WordPress is provided with a user-friendly admin panel which help you manage, edit and update your website whenever you need it. In order to access an admin interface you need to log in to the administration area by entering the name and password you created. You will see a dashboard where all information about your blog content is: number of posts, pages and categories, comments section etc. Using dashboard functionality you can write a new post, create a new page for your WordPress site or add another category to it.
On the left you will see a toolbar with a list of preferences you can edit if necessary. E.g., you can change your site appearance, add or remove plugins, set users for administration, change general settings and so on.
4. How to make a WordPress theme?
If you want your WordPress-powered website to look unmatched you can create a custom theme from scratch. However, if you are a newbie it would be rather difficult for you to develop a WordPress theme on your own but it is quite possible if you have enough time and are ready to make an effort. We have picked up some helpful tutorials for you to familiarize:
1. How To Create Your Own Custom WordPress Theme
2. Creating A WordPress Theme
3. WordPress Theme From Scratch
But if want to save your time and endeavours you can make use of special templates premade by professional webmasters and simply integrate a certain theme within your blog. Here are some cool WordPress templates examples for you to check out:
5. How to customize WordPress?
WordPress customization implies several aspects. For example, you can change your WordPress site appearance within an admin panel, add and remove plugins to diverse your website functionality using a special section in an admin interface. But if you want to implement more complex customization of your WordPress-powered website you will need to learn some CSS and PHP coding. However, you can always request customization services from professional webmasters.
6. How to install and change a WordPress theme?
If you want to change your WordPress website appearance you need to download a new theme first. There is a great amount of themes you can download::
1. For personal websites:
2. For business websites:
3. For online portfolios:
These are examples of professional WordPress themes you can download. After you have downloaded the template which fits your purposes you need to upload it to WordPress via saving it in the wp-content/themes folder. Then log in to the admin area and choose “Appearance” section, then “Themes” tool. Here you will activate the theme you’d like to use. You can also change text, colors and images if you need to edit a theme to your likings.
7. How to install WordPress plugins?
You can integrate WordPress plugins to your website in two ways: automatically and manually.
Automatic plugin installation: you need to log in to the admin panel, go to “Plugins” section and use a search option to find and install the necessary plugin. You should do it that way:
1. Choose “Add new” in “Plugins” section.
2. Enter the plugin name into a special search field.
3. After the plugin is found click “Activate plugin”.
If you want to install a plugin in manual mode you need to download it first and then choose “Add new” in “Plugins” section and upload the downloaded plugin, then click to install it.
8. How to write posts in WordPress?
In order to add articles to your WordPress website you need to log in to the admin area and click “New Post” button which is in the right top corner. You will see a post template where you can insert article title and content. WordPress text editor contains a lot of tools for post editing, allows you adding images and videos to your article and edit the text according to your particular preferences.
After you finish article editing click “Publish” button. If you can not publish the post right now but want to save the changes just click “Save draft” button, you will be able to continue whenever you like later.
9. How to moderate comments in WordPress?
While you post articles within your WordPress-based website you will receive a lot of comments which require admin moderation. In order to manage your site comments you need to:
1. Log in to the administration panel.
2. Click “Manage” link and then open “Comments” section.
3. You will see a list of comments that are waiting for your moderation. So you can approve or delete them according to your own requirements.
10. How to learn WordPress?
Nowadays there is a lot of ways you can learn WordPress. You can attend special courses, make use of books and of course find tons of information on the Internet. Apart from written content there is a great number of video tutorials and guides you can use to learn WordPress effectively. For example, we recommend you to check out a special WordPress video round-up which will help you learn WordPress in fast and enjoyable way.
- The Hottest Free WordPress Themes Meet some extra special proposition from Flashmint.com today! We have...
- Enjoy the Best Flash Animated WordPress Themes FlashMint continues implementing technological novelties unceasingly following contemporary trends of...